Saturday, February 20, 2010

2010.02.20 Milo is Falsely Accused

Milo doesn't have the very best reputation for ALWAYS using the litter box. He is also a little conniving when it comes to outsmarting his brother, Grayson. Over the last week, I have noticed that there is a wet spot on the balcony right by the pet door every time I go out to clean litter boxes (which are clean so it isn't that they are nasty for Milo's delicate feet). I can't smell so I assumed it was Milo's using the floor instead of the box. This meant that I went to great effort to clean the area and spray it down with a veterinary strength odor controller and scrubbed it down and then took it all meticulously out to the trash container.

I cleaned litter boxes this afternoon and decided to put a newspaper over this area that is getting wet every day. It was wet again today!!!!! Later, Milo left me to take a break and I went outside a little later to see what the newspaper looked like. Lo and behold, it was WET as could be!!!!!!!!! So I set about grousing about this situation and taking the newspaper out to the trash for fear it smelled to high heaven. Just then, I got hit on the head by a drop of water. Uh-oh, I thought, this isn't the cat doing this. It is a leak in the overhang on the balcony.

I went inside and apologized to Milo and I am greatly relieved the problem lies somewhere besides with Milo's habits. It is way too hard to out-stubborn a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment